Flosculus Reflection

Thursday, July 27, 2017

(Exodus xix,1-2,9-11,16-20; Matthew xiii,10-17)

A good teacher does not spoon feed the students. If spoon fed, they will gain knowledge but will not own up the knowledge. That is why the high institutions of learning have too much time for personal studies and research. The teachers give 25% and the student should look for the other 75%. The increase in any means the proportionate increase.

Today the disciples are asking Jesus why he is not spoon feeding the people. Jesus is clear in telling them that: “For anyone who has will be given more, and he will have more than enough; but from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away.”

At the final judgement, final exam, we will not be asked what we read in the bible but how much more have we done. Thus the words, “If your charity does not go beyond that of Pharisees and the Scribes, you shall not inherit the kingdom.”

One day I met Don Mbaka in a restaurant and to the surprise of many, he was eating his “mukimo” with the handle of the spoon and holding the scooping side. When I asked him he said, “there is not only one way of doing things.” Yes, there is not only one way of teaching about the kingdom of God. Parables is another way.

Being spoon fed is like listen and not understanding; and like seeing and not perceiving.


There are many people claiming to know the way to heaven but their actions are in contrally.

Thus, we have few days left to prepare ourselves to meet the Lord. Let not only wash our clothes or pack them, but our hearts since yhe “Lord will descend on the mountain of Sinai in the sight of all the people.” Let us climb the mountains of our hearts to meet the Lord who us about to give us something sacred, the covenant.

Sanctus Therese et Iesu Infante, ora pro nobis 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s